Tour Stop 23
Conner-White/Guisinger BuildingKnown to most people as the Guisinger Building, this brick building was built in 1886 by T. J. Taylor for grocers C. C. Conner and John T. White. It is a very typical example of late 19th century commercial buildings that were built by contractors instead of architects.
Ivan Guisinger founded a popular music store in 1905 on the west side of the Square, which moved to the east side of the Square and then moved here in 1924 where they remained for over 40 years. It now houses the Odom Law Firm who went to great effort to restore the building.
Photo Courtesy of: Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville
History provided by: Gary Coover, Coover Consultants