Peacock & Pendleton Building
Tour Stop 15
Peacock & Pendleton BuildingBehind the right-hand side of the newer metal façade may be the oldest brick building on the square, it's hard to tell. In 1871, David Walker built a 2-story brick drug store for John Peacock and J. Crow Pendleton that might still be hiding in there. It was built on the site of one of Fayetteville's first businesses – the John Lewis blacksmith shop that was here in 1837.
CROSS CENTER STREET HEADING SOUTH
TURN LEFT AND STOP AT FRONT STEPS OF OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING
Photo Courtesy of: Shiloh Museum of Ozark History / Washington County Historical Society Collection (P-140)
History provided by: Gary Coover, Coover Consultants