• April 30, May 7, May 21, May 28: Bike Month Booth at the Fayetteville Farmers Market will offer free bike maintenance from local bike shops, bike education and free bike lights for cyclists at the market.
• May 1 and May 15: Bike to Baum participants will meet at the Razorback Greenway/Dickson Street trail crossing at noon and ride the trail to attend a Razorback baseball game. First pitch for both games is at 1 p.m. The May 1 event will include a Mayoral Proclamation and opponent is Texas A&M; Alabama is the opponent on May 15. Participants have a chance to win prizes including free tickets to the game, autographed Razorback memorabilia, Razorback apparel or bike lights. A promo code for a $2 discount on tickets will be available to all participants.
• May 4: National Bike-to-School Day encourages students to safely ride to school.
• May 14: The Square-to-Square Bike Ride is a 32-mile ride on the Razorback Greenway from Fayetteville to the Bentonville Square. Enjoy art and performances from the Walton Arts Center’s Artosphere festival along the way. The ride begins in the West Avenue Parking Lot at the Razorback Greenway/Dickson Street trail crossing at 8 a.m. More information can be found here.
• May 20: National Bike to Work Day is a great day to ride to work. Two trail-side “energizer stations” will be set up for morning bike commuters from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. at the Lake Fayetteville trail near the Lake Fayetteville Marina and near the Razorback Greenway/Dickson Street trail crossing. Free breakfast and minor mechanical support will be provided for commuters.
• All cyclists are encouraged to join the National Bike Challenge, an easy online logging center for cyclists to record miles ridden, calories burned, dollars saved and carbon dioxide emissions reduced by each rider and the entire community from May 1 through September 30, 2016.
Fayetteville promotes Bike Month with events during May
The City of Fayetteville is committed to supporting bicycling for recreation and as a healthy transportation alternative. May is National Bike Month and the City is promoting bicycling with a variety of events as part of the Bike Month campaign.